Thursday, July 20, 2023

Bridge Over Troubled Water

This song comes to people at the right time. Funny how a song or image can be used to do that. Bridge Over Troubled Water isn't a song on my regular playlist. I used to listed to it on my moms record player more than three decades ago. Yet this week here it is as a reminder over and over for days. I have a dear ones Celebration of life to attend this weekend but I did not think I'd be able to get there: vehicle needed brakes, no money etc. With every step closer I've been reminded of this song. At first just the title line. I did not remember the lyrics beyond that and "lay me down". But it is persistent. I looked it up this morning and met some tears as I read dear peoples comments on its youtube page. Really, a heart reach piece. Finding people at the right time. I read on about the lyrics after listening. I navigated to a blog that clarified Simons meaning behind "Silver Girl"...its meaning was debated by the listening public. Simon clarified...it was simply about his wife finding her first grey hairs. Charming. I found my first silver hair last week. The Celebration of life is for my dear uncles precious wife. They began their relationship more than two decades ago and turned grey, then silver together.

No comments:

Post a Comment